For our last day, we knew we wanted to go back to the Magic Kingdom. It was definitely our favorite park, and we wanted to re-live all the fun rides there. We crammed our day full of fun rides and experiences, revisiting all our favorite rides. The girls' declared that It's A Small World and Peter Pan's Flight were there favorite rides. By the time the week was over, I think we had ridden It's A Small World 6 times. We had a late lunch (1:05 reservations) at Tony's Town Square, where we had excellent Italian food. We had several snacks left on our Disney Dining Plan, so we ate lots of popcorn and ice cream treats on the last day.
After doing everything one last time at the Magic Kingdom, we rode the monorail over to Epcot to see the fireworks and laser show. SB fell asleep on the way (it was the first time all week she fell asleep outside of our hotel room), but she woke up when the fireworks started!
The next day, we packed up and headed home. At the end of vacations, I can be prone to wistfulness and crabbiness and get teary-eyed (because I know we're going back to the real world, and who wants to go there?), but I was surprisingly weepy at the end of this vacation. Micah was so kind to me, and helped bring me out of my funk. For some reason, the fact that the girls' 1st Disney vacation was over really hit me harder than other milestones (in fact, at their Christmas program just a few weeks after this, I didn't cry at all!). I just realized that the girls would never be 2 and 4 again; we could never repeat the magical and fun-filled family vacation we had just completed (I'm getting teary just writing about it). But, I'm so thankful for the pictures and the memories, and getting to put them here on this blog (if for no one else but me!). I am so thankful to God for my wonderful family!
Ready to tackle the last day:
These 4 pictures are quite possibly my favorite of the whole trip, and definitely my favorite of Micah and AM!
No comments:
Post a Comment