Sunday, December 11, 2011

Big Church

We've been thinking about taking SB to "Big church" with us on Sunday mornings for several weeks, but just hadn't gotten around to doing it. We decided that Christmastime would be the perfect time to have SB try out the adult worship service because she was more likely to know some of the songs. We took her with us this morning, and she did a great job! I don't know if I've made it clear on this blog or not, but SB is a VERY VERBAL person! She talks when she's excited, she talks when she's mad, she talks when she's sad, she even talks when she doesn't feel well. We were really afraid she wouldn't be able to suppress the urge to talk, but she did a great job this morning during the sermon. She did ask some questions, and she was excited to point out some people she saw across the sanctuary, but, all in all, she didn't distract anyone, and she was attentive at the appropriate parts. We were glad that our church provides an activity sheet for children, and that did keep her busy during the sermon. Micah and I were so glad to see her excited about singing the worship songs (today, they did "Lord, I Lift Your Name On High," and "Hark, the Herald Angels Sing" which she knew) during the praise and worship portion of our service. I don't think we'll bring her in big church every week, because she still enjoys the children's worship time (where they do actually teach a lesson and sing praise songs), but we were glad to introduce this new part of worship to our daughter today!

1 comment:

  1. SB is just like her Mom in the verbal department. You will be truly blessed if both girls turn out to be just like their Mom in every way!!

    ReplyDelete