Monday, October 4, 2010

Where did September go???????

The last time I posted, it was the beginning of Sept., and now it's October. I think I blinked and the month passed me by. But, we were careful to savor each day and make memories as we went. I'm going to just do one long post for the whole month, so get ready . . .

Memory #1 - Mini-vacation to Charleston
Micah was able to be off for a long weekend, so we headed to the Holiday "End" (as said by SB) in Charleston for some family fun (oh, and for the record, she now requests to go to the Holiday End almost everyday). Our first stop was the SC Acquarium, where we saw animals from the rivers of the upstate, to the sea creatures of the coast. SB LOVED the market in downtown, and requested to go there every evening (there are some pictures below of her running under a fountain near the market). We were worried about all sleeping together in one hotel room, but we kept the girls out so late every night (and ran them around so much during the day), they pretty much passed out the second their heads hit the pillow. Also, we went to the Magnolia Plantation and Gardens, where we went on a tram ride throughout the property, and the girls got to feed the animals (chickens, pigs, deer) in a small petting zoo. Oh, and we saw plenty of alligators sunning themselves in the swampy areas of the grounds.









Memory #2 - "Book" "Book"
AM now requests for us to read books to her too. We're excited that she likes to read, and hear stories like the rest of our family!



Memory #3 - Girls trip to the Beach
Mom and the girls and I headed to the beach for a few days in mid-September. The weather was perfect and there were no crowds at all! I'm so thankful that we get to have this annual tradition! I am so blessed to have the best mom in the world!



Memory #4 - AM loves milkshakes!
One night, AM didn't go to sleep at her regular time, so she ended up staying awake for Micah's almost-nightly, handblended, milkshake. Well, she loved it (he happened to make an Oreo shake that night). The next night, she would not go to sleep, and we couldn't figure out why, until she started pointing and gesturing when she heard the handmixer blending up the milkshake. Of course, we let her come out of her crib for a sip or two, then she had to go right back to bed. Now, we make sure she is well asleep before Micah makes any milkshakes.



Memory #5 - Isn't this what your bathroom looks like when you get ready in the morning?
When SB was about the same age little AM is now (16 months), she loved to sit on the bathroom counter when I was getting ready. We had wondered if AM would want to do it too, and sure enough, a couple of weeks ago, she figured out I have all kinds of fun little lotions and make-up and brushes for her to play with if she sits on the counter while I'm getting ready. SB doesn't do it as often anymore, but we were able to coax her onto the counter for this picture with the promise of some powder and blush for her cheeks.


And I think that will pretty much do it for September!

1 comment:

  1. What precious pictures! And I have the best daughter in the world!!

    ReplyDelete