Well, I've signed up to participate in a 5k. I'm hoping I'll be able to run the whole thing, but only time and training will tell. Our church is sponsoring a 1/2 marathon/5k/kids fun run, and since I'm too old to participate in the fun run, and since I'm not insane (running 13 miles just seems insane to me!), I thought I'd try the 5k. I had already taken some steps to change the way I eat and to get into better shape physically when the training groups were starting, and I figured it's always best to have a goal, so I signed up. The race is in April (not too hot! not too cold!), and it's at a nice and flat location.
In our Sunday school class, we've been talking a lot about taking risks for God, daring to fail for Him (can you ever fail if you learn from it?), and getting out of the boat. So, while the race may not be a 'religious' thing to do, it's definitely not something I'm used to doing, and I'd like to think I'm getting out of the boat to try. It definitely will take hard work, determination, and discipline (three things I know God is teaching me about). Also, I know I will only be able to train and complete the race with His help. So my mind is made up, I just wish my knees would cooperate!
Such a BIG Deal
13 years ago
I think that is a great goal, Kristen, and I know you can do it! God wants us to take risks for Him even if it means getting out there nervous and all! I sure wish you were here to exercise with me! :)
ReplyDeleteWoohoo!!! You go girl. I am very impressed. When you're finished with that race you can run up here and help me get moving again, too.
ReplyDeleteYou can do it Kristen. I wish I was brave enough but I think I might wait until next year.
ReplyDeleteI'm so proud of you!! You've inspired me to get back into exercising more regularly too. It's easy to let other things get in the way. So seeing you try, even with aching knees, it's harder for me to use my regular excuses!! Thanks for the inspiration.
ReplyDeleteThanks for all the encouragement. It's definitely what I needed this week. I haven't been able to keep training because of my knees. But, I'm not giving up. I'll keep walking until I can start running again! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!
ReplyDelete