Saturday, April 10, 2010

I did it!

I can now say I have completed a 5k (3.1 miles)! My goal was to run the entire race (no walking!), and to try to finish in under 40 minutes. I can say that I met both goals. I had been dreading the big hill at the beginning of the final mile, but I was able to run up the whole thing. And my final time was 34 minutes 36 seconds. I am so thankful to my training group leaders (Kay and Warren) for getting us prepared for race day. I couldn't have been more prepared! And I'm thankful to Mom and Jim for keeping the girls so I could run and so MC could be free to help me before the race. I'm thankful to God for allowing me the time to do this and for the physical ability to run and move! Now I just need to sign up for another 5k so I'll be motivated to continue running.







3 comments:

  1. Way to go, Kristen! You did great!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I couldn't have been more excited when you crossed the finish line if I had been running myself. Congratulations on a job well done!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations, Kris! I am so proud of you. What a woman and a wonderful example you are to your girls!

    ReplyDelete