Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Being Thankful

As parents, we're constantly trying to combat the whiney attitudes of our children with having a grateful spirit. So, Mcetus was glad to have the following conversation initiated by SB in the car recently:

SB: "Daddy, what are you thank you for?"
Daddy: "Well, I'm thankful for Mommy and you and AM. What are you thankful for?"
SB: "I'm thank you for the Bible." (Wow! Maybe she is listening to us!)
Daddy: "That's a great thing to be thankful for. What else are you thankful for?"
SB: "I'm thank you for BobBob and Bebe, Nana and PawPaw, Mimi and Granddaddy, AM, Amy and Jason, all my friends, ice cream . . . " [We're just glad she named the people before she named the food!]

Isn't it exciting when you see/hear the results of your parenting (and prayers)? Now, if this pattern of listening to us will just hold out through her teenage years!

No comments:

Post a Comment