We started the month with a week of Vacation Bible School. After volunteering annually, I was sad to miss last year (because our VBS was the week AM was born!), but excited to be back in action this year at VBS. The theme was "High Seas Expedition" and the kids had a lot of fun with the ocean motif. I was excited for SB to get to participate this year. Pre-school kids of volunteers got to attend, and they really made an effort to teach the younger children the VBS songs, as well as to involve them in crafts. It was a long week for SB and AM, evidenced by the fact that SB didn't want to go back after Wednesday. I first made Christ the Lord of my life at a VBS, so it's a ministry I always want to support. And Micah always talks about the fun songs they performed and games he got to play at VBS over the years. I can't wait for our girls to have wonderful VBS memories. Here's a picture of SB in her VBS shirt, ready to go!

Also, SB got to attend Andrew's 3rd birthday party at My Gym recently (he was in her preschool class this past year). She liked jumping in the ball pit and swinging on the high bar (sorry, I didn't get any pictures of those). Actually, she said her favorite part was eating the pizza!

AM had fun too!

SB eating with her pal, Nina (also from preschool).

All the kids getting ready to eat (the birthday boy is wearing the crown).
Also, we took a trip to Virginia (post to follow soon!) to visit a sweet friend from Furman, and we spent Father's Day weekend in Spartanburg. So, after all our activities, it's no wonder we're all a little tired. SB never falls asleep on us anymore, but she did this particular night in June:
No comments:
Post a Comment